Abbotswood Community Centre Regular Classes
Here is a list of the regular classes that are hosted at the Community Centre!
DISCLAIMER: This information has been provided by the hirer. Abbotswood Community Association takes no responsibility for the accuracy of the information contained and is not responsible for the content of external sites.
1st Touch Football
- Class type – Football tots teaching the FUNdamentals of the sport to both boys & girls aged 1.5-4.5 years
- Time/Day – Thursday’s 9.30-10.15am (term time only)
- Payment – Pay as you go class (£5 per child)
- Contact – www.1sttouchfootball.co.uk – email@example.com – 07917 726120
Adam Walder – Pilates Class
Mixed Ability, all ages (14 and above) welcome, no prior experience necessary, more than happy to adapt classes and always offer alternatives if a client has an injury or condition we need to be careful of (please contact if you’d like to discuss prior to attending)
Thursdays 11:30am-12:30pm including school holidays, £6 pay as you go
Phone number: 07711 044779
BABYBALLET CHICHESTER AND SOUTH HANTS
Commencing in January 2019 at this lovely new location. Award winning, fun and exciting classes for ages 2 to 4 years – boys and girls. We offer a trial of three lessons for £15.
Saturdays at 10.35 to 11.10 am
The upper school of babyballet Chichester and South Hants. We are offering classes in Ballet and Acro for ages 4 to 7 on Saturdays starting in January 2019. Boys and Girls.
9.00 am – Primary ISTD ballet incorporating International Dance Rewards. A trial of 3 lessons for £15.
9.40 am – Primary Acro incorporating International Dance Rewards. A 45 minute class. Trial of 3 lessons for £18
Autumn Term (term time) Tues 11th September- 4th December (break for 2 weeks half term 16th & 23rd Oct)
9.30-10.30 6-13 months
11.00-12.00 0-6 months
12.30-1.30 0-13 months
Fit4Life – Specialist Exercise Class (Clinical)
Suitable for most health conditions, most fitness levels, most ages. Based on circuits and group exercise with plenty of options. Please ensure you enquire first to ensure you are suitable by calling 07867516669 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Class will run on Wednesday evening, from September, at 5.45-6.45pm mainly term time only but any cancelled classes will be advertised to class participants in advance.
I am an exercise GP referral and cardiac specialist with over 10 years experience in the NHS as a cardiac rehabilitation exercise professional and 16 in total within the fitness industry. I work with people who have varying health conditions to help improve quality of life/fitness or other goals. Please contact me for further information we may require your doctors permission.
Contact: Megan Dowell tel: 07867516669 email: email@example.com
Light UP is a not for profit organisation specialising in drama and performing arts classes for children aged 4 – 16 living in Hampshire. We started in 2014 to ensure more young people had access to the many benefits drama has to offer, at affordable prices. Our classes focus on building confidence, self-esteem and social skills for the stage and for life.
- Standard 1 hour beginners sessions for ages 4-7, 2 hour Company Classes for ages 7-16
- Time/Day – Thursday’s 4:00 – 5:00 for 4-7 and 5:00 – 7:00 for Company Class
- In addition to our weekly classes we also run a variety of holiday and half-term workshops and offer lots of opportunities to get involved
- Payment – Option for monthly or half-termly payments, you choose your preference at time of booking
- Every Friday during term-time:
- 9.50am – Family Bugs (0-4yrs)
- 10.40am – Family Bugs (0-4yrs)
- 11.30am – Baby Bugs (newborn-walking)
- booking website: www.bookwhen.com/musicbugssouthampton-customers
Mixed ability Pilates sessions suitable for all ages. £8 per session, run in 6 week blocks with the opportunity to swap a session or carry a session over to the next term if you’re unable to attend one week.
Monday 6-6:55pm (all year except for August when a limited number of one-off sessions will run). Friday 9:30-10:25am (term time only). Booking is essential for all classes as a registration/medical form must be completed prior to your first session.
Test Valley School of Dance
- Ballet ages 3-5 and 9-15
- Jazz ages 9-16
- Tap ages 3-5 & Adult classes
- Wednesdays 4:15pm to 8:30pm during term time
- T: 07709 868 821
- E: firstname.lastname@example.org
- W: www.testvalleydance.co.uk
- F: www.facebook.com/testvalleydance
Women’s Institute – Abbotswood (Romsey)
– monthly meetings with a programme of speakers and other activities. Very friendly, all women welcome from age 18 to 118! Also social groups, courses, outings and opportunity to take part in County and National WI activities.
– time/day: Second Tuesday each month except August. 7.30 p.m. to about 9.30 p.m.
– payment: Annual subscription, £42 for 2019. Visitors welcome, suggested donation for a visitor – £3 to include refreshments.
– contact: email@example.com
Yoga with Carly
Yoga for Beginners – 8 week course – £68
8 week yoga course for complete beginners or more experienced yogi’s looking to learn Hatha Yoga from scratch.
Over the 8 week course I’ll guide you through 2 deep breathing techniques, 26 physical poses and a deep relaxation. You will release tension from your mind and body, cleansing and toning along the way. On completion of this course you will have the ability and know-how to join in with any mixed ability yoga class or continue on with my next level Living Yoga classes.
Living Yoga Classes
Living Yoga is a 1 hour yoga class ideal for anyone who has practised yoga in the past. We work with the breath and the body, together we reduce tension from the body, stretching and toning the muscles allowing your body to let go of any built-up stress and toxins, calming your mind and increasing your energy levels. Cost £68 for an 8 week block or £10 for drop in, first class is free. Please contact me with any questions or to book your place.
Class: Sun Power Yoga. Age: 16+ Intensity: Moderate
Sun Power is a yoga class mixing the traditional styles of Astanga (for the heat, flexibility and stamina), Sivananda (mind and breath work), Iyengar (anatomy and alignments) and Hatha for the theory, philosophy and classical Asanas. My classes are often very dynamic but fluid and available for EVERY body. This class will surely help you improve flexibility stamina and sleep as well as aiding in managing stress/anxiety. Classes are small in numbers so you will benefit from more personalised attention. Ages vary and all postures can be modified to suit your needs or body. Experienced or beginner yogis are equally welcomed. Come and try as your first class is FREE!
Thursdays : 19:30 – 20:30 £10
ZUMBA & FITNESS PILATES WITH BERNI
Zumba Gold * Low impact dance fitness class designed for older active participants, new to exercise and or returning to exercise after a break.* 11.30am Monday (50 min class) £5 per class
Fitness Pilates* Beginners/improvers 6 weeks course improving, balance, posture, back and core strength, flexibility & mobility 6.30pm Tuesday ( advance booking is essential – limited places) £36 for 6 weeks
Contact: Text/Call: 07979 152594
Website: www.zumba.com/Bernadette Wyse
Class not listed? We need your explicit consent to advertise your class on our website. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.