It’s almost time for the Abbotswood Queens Birthday on the green, below are details and timings for the event.
- Firstly – set up your tables/blankets, sit back, eat some food and chat to your neighbours!
- Bunting decorating – Head over and see Barbara to help decorate the bunting to be displayed in our new community centre
- Children’s competitions – Guess the name of the teddy, number of sweets in the jar – 50p a go
- Raffle – £1 a strip and some fantastic prizes are to be won!
- Tug of war – We will be running a few tug of war sessions during the day – just for fun!
- Coconut shy – Have a go and see if you can win a yummy coconut – 50p a go
- Face painting – The wonderful Mimicks will turn you into your favourite characters! – £1
- Test Valley School of dance display – 1:30pm in the main ring
- Come and meet your Community Association – Find out who we are, what we are about and how you can get involved; we would like to chat to as many of you as possible
- Cake sale! – We will retain one of each for judge tasting, but we will be selling the rest after the judging to raise funds for further community events
- Ice cream! – Carlos will be on site during the day selling their lovely ice creams!
|12:45PM||Table decorating judging Decorate your table/picnic Red, white and blue||Judges will walk around and judge your decorating skills!|
|1PM||Bake off judging Decorate 6 cupcakes with the theme of the Queen’s birthday||Please ensure your entries are at the bake of stand by 1pm for judging|
|2PM||Children’s dressing up competition judging Superheroes and princesses||Head to the main ring after the dance display|
|2:15PM||Children’s competition winners announced||Main ring|
|2:30PM||Raffle draw||Main ring|
All proceeds of the day will go towards providing further community events and your new community centre. If you wish to make a donation there is a collection at the community association stand.
We look forward to seeing you there!